This app is unmaintained and no longer released by the KDE community.
- Speak any text from the KDE clipboard
- Speak any plain text file
- Speak all or any portion of a text file from Kate, including instances where Kate is embedded in another KDE application
- Speak all or any portion of an HTML page from Konqueror
- Use as the speech backend for KMouth and KSayIt
- Speak KDE notifications (KNotify)
- User-configurable filters for substituting misspoken words, choosing speech synthesizers, and transforming XHMTL/XML documents
- Priority system for screen reader outputs, warnings and messages, while still playing regular texts
- Permit generation of speech from the command line (or via shell scripts) using the qdbus utility
- Provide a lightweight and easily usable interface for applications to generate speech output
- Applications need not be concerned about contention over the speech device
- FUTURE: Provide support for speech markup languages, such as VoiceXML, Sable, Java Speech Markup Language (JSML), and Speech Markup Meta-language (SMML)
- FUTURE: Provide limited support for embedded speech markers
- Asynchronous to prevent system blocking
This button only works with Discover and other AppStream application stores. You can also use your distribution's package manager.