Kasts is a mobile podcast application
LinuxInstall on Linux This button only works with Discover and other AppStream application stores. You can also use your distribution’s package manager.
FlathubDownload On Flathub
21.08 2021-08-31Next to some minor bugfixes, it is now possible to change the location where the downloaded podcast episodes and cached images are saved. These files can take up a lot of disk space, so it's nice to be able to store them elsewhere on systems with limited home folder disk space. The related settings now show the disk space used by episodes and images, and allow to clear the image cache.
New features in this release:
- Discover page to search for podcasts on podcastindex.org
- Podcast downloads can now be resumed.
- Updated playback speed settings dialog.
- Settings to allow/disallow network access on metered connections.
- More descriptive error notifications from which the complete list of errors can be opened.
- Several smaller improvements: menu item highlighting, tooltips, hotkeys
- Several bugfixes.
First release of Kasts, a Kirigami-based convergent podcast player. Released as part of Plasma Mobile Gear 21.06. It features:
- a play queue
- notification panel and lockscreen media controls
- inhibits systemd suspend while listening to podcasts
- convergent UI; looks good on mobile and desktop