Kile is a user-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor by KDE. Kile gives you the ability to use all the functionality of LaTeX in a graphical interface and has interactive preview mechanisms to readily see the results of editing.
- Compile, convert and view your document with one click
- Auto-completion of (La)TeX commands
- Templates and wizards make starting new documents very little work
- Easy insertion of many standard tags and symbols and the option to define (an arbitrary number of) user defined tags
- Inverse and forward search: click in the DVI viewer and jump to the corresponding LaTeX line in the editor, or jump from the editor to the corresponding page in the viewer
- Finding chapter or sections is very easy, Kile constructs a list of all the chapter etc. in your document. You can use the list to jump to the corresponding section
- Collect documents that belong together into a project
- Easy insertion of citations and references when using projects
- Flexible and smart build system to compile your LaTeX documents
- QuickPreview: preview a selected part of your document
- Easy access to various help sources
- Advanced editing commands
LinuxInstall on Linux This button only works with Discover and other AppStream application stores. You can also use your distribution’s package manager.
Microsoft StoreInstall on Windows
Kile Windows installers are also available to download from the binary-factory. These versions don’t contains the translations and are intended for testing purpose. Get involved and help us making them better!