NeoChat은 분산형 인스턴트 메시징 통신 프로토콜인 Matrix 클라이언트입니다. 가족, 동료, 친구에게 텍스트 메시지, 동영상, 오디오 파일을 전송할 수 있습니다. KDE 프레임워크와 Kirigami를 사용하여 다양한 플랫폼에서 일관적인 사용자 경험을 제공합니다.
NeoChat은 Matrix 표준을 따르는 프로그램을 목표로 합니다. 현재 안정 버전의 표준에서 제공하는 기능의 대부분을 지원하며, VoIP, 스레드, 일부 종단간 암호화와 같은 기능은 아직 지원하지 않습니다. Matrix 표준은 계속하여 진화 중이기 때문에 일부 기능이 빠져 있을 수도 있지만 장기적으로는 전체 표준을 지원하는 것이 목표입니다.
Matrix 표준 개발의 특징으로 인하여 NeoChat은 일부 실험적인 기능을 지원합니다. 현재 지원하는 기능은 다음과 같습니다.
- 투표 - MSC3381
- 스티커 팩 - MSC2545
- 위치 이벤트 - MSC3488
NeoChat improves its design with tweaks that provide a more compact layout and a simpler menu which works better for the collapsed room list.
We have also improved the video controls, added a new command /knock <room-id> to send a knock event to a room, and you can now edit a prior message inline, within the chat pane.
Other usability improvements include an overhaul of the keyboard navigation and shortcuts like Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn that allow you to skip from room to room.
New features and bugfixes:
- Notifications will now be shown for all accounts, not just the active one
- There is a new "compact" mode for the room list
- You can now search in the room history
- Emojis and Reactions have been significantly improved
- Fixed several crashes around user invitations
- Room permission settings can now be configured
This release brings you various small bugfixes and improvements:
- Sending of typing notifications can now be disabled.
- In the room list, the scrollbar will now disappear correctly when it is not needed.
- On wayland, NeoChat will now raise correctly when clicking on a notification.
- Several bugs have been fixed that would sometimes cause messages containing markdown and/or HTML elements to be sent incorrectly.
- The quick switcher can now be controlled using the mouse.
- There is now an option to disable automatic room sidebar opening when resizing the window.
- Creation of custom emojis has been fixed.
- Editing or replying to the last message using the keyboard shortcuts now works correctly.
- When switching between rooms using the keyboard, the switching direction is now correct.
NeoChat 22.02 focus on stability and adds a few quality of life improvements
- Add support for minimizing to system tray on startup
- Improved internet connectivity check
- Add support for sharing images and files with other apps (Nextcloud, Imgur, ...)
- Implement adding labels for account. This allow for an easier organization when using multiple accounts.
- Redesign of our config dialogs to follow the new Plasma System Settings style
- Fix various others issues and small feature requests. Decreasing the total amount of open issues by 20%.
NeoChat 21.12 brings lots of new features and fixes
- Solved various problems related to login, logout and account switching
- Fixed a few problems in the timeline layout
- Added Spell checking while writing a message
- Improved Settings pages
- Many improvements to the android and general mobile support
- Show blurhashes while images load
- Support showing custom emojis
- Added a global menu
- Added support for spoilers
- Added a quick switcher to switch between rooms
- Added support for an optional fancy blur background effect
- Resizable left and right drawers
- Added Syntax highlighting in raw json messages
- Better wayland support
- Improved file reception and download
NeoChat 1.2 brings a major redesign of the user interface. The chat page is now using bubbles for the messages and the input component was completely rewritten with a nicer look as well.
It's now possible to send custom reactions by replying to a comment with /react <message>.
NeoChat now supports opening Matrix URIs from your browser.
Probably the highlight of this release is the completely new login page. It detects the server configuration based on your Matrix Id. This allows you to login to servers requiring Single Sign On (SSO) (like the Mozilla or the incoming Fedora Matrix instance).
Servers that require agreeing to the TOS before usage are correctly detected now and redirect to their TOS webpage, allowing the user to agree to them instead of silently failing to load the account.
It is now possible to open a room into a new window. This allows you to view and interact with multiple rooms at the same time.
We added a few commands to NeoChat (/shrug, /lenny, /join, /ignore, ...).
We improved the Plasma integration a bit. Now the number of unread messages is displayed in the Plasma Taskbar.
This version fixes several bugs.
- NeoChat doesn't require a .well-know configuration in the server to work.
- Edited messages won't show up duplicated anymore.
- Various graphic glitches have been fixed.
- NeoChat now ask for consent to terms and conditions if required instead of displaying nothing.
- Users avatar in the room list are now displayed correctly.
- Fix image saving