Kile is a user-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor by KDE. Kile gives you the ability to use all the functionality of LaTeX in a graphical interface and has interactive preview mechanisms to readily see the results of editing.
- Compile, convert and view your document with one click
- Auto-completion of (La)TeX commands
- Templates and wizards make starting new documents very little work
- Easy insertion of many standard tags and symbols and the option to define (an arbitrary number of) user defined tags
- Inverse and forward search: click in the DVI viewer and jump to the corresponding LaTeX line in the editor, or jump from the editor to the corresponding page in the viewer
- Finding chapter or sections is very easy, Kile constructs a list of all the chapter etc. in your document. You can use the list to jump to the corresponding section
- Collect documents that belong together into a project
- Easy insertion of citations and references when using projects
- Flexible and smart build system to compile your LaTeX documents
- QuickPreview: preview a selected part of your document
- Easy access to various help sources
- Advanced editing commands
Kile Windows installers are also available to download from the binary-factory. These versions don't contain the translations and are intended for testing purpose. Get involved and help us make them better!