Kasts is a convergent podcast application that looks good on desktop and mobile.
Its main features are:
- Episode management through play queue
- Sync playback positions with other clients through gpodder.net or gpodder-nextcloud
- Variable playback speed
- Search for podcasts
- Full system integration: e.g. inhibit system suspend while listening
Este botão funciona apenas no Discover e outras lojas de aplicativos AppStream. Você também pode usar o gerenciador de pacotes de sua distribuição.
Os instaladores para Windows do Kasts também estão disponíveis para transferência no binary-factory. Estas versões pretendem ser usadas para fins de testes. Junte-se a nós e ajuda-nos a melhorá-las!
- Versão instável. Gerado a partir da última versão do ramo de desenvolvimento.
New features and bugfixes in this release:
- The header bar player controls have been redesigned, partly based on the design of Elisa. The header bar is resizeable and can be fully collapsed to just a minimal toolbar.
- The left sidebar menu in desktop mode has been redesigned. It's now using similar buttons to the ones used in the bottom navigation bar in mobile mode.
- The audio backend has been re-written from scratch. It can now handle multiple backends: libVLC, gstreamer and Qt Multimedia. Kasts will use libVLC as default backend when available, which should solve common issues: volume control is now available through the main toolbar and seeking should no longer make the audio hang.
- The settings menu was ported to the new form components.
- Support for chapter images was added.
- Timestamps mentioned in episode descriptions are now clickable, which will make the audio jump to that point in the episode.
- Images in headers are now clickable. This will open a fullscreen view of the image in question.
- The subscribe button is now disabled when a podcast has just been added.
- Several issues with right-to-left language layouts were solved.
- The interface is simplified by only showing one page at a time instead of adding columns, and by combining the podcast page with the podcast episode list page.
- The podcast and episode info pages are improved by adding a button toolbar (moving actions out of the app header) and by reworking the information layout.
- A sleep timer has been implemented.
- The app will now remember the position and size of its window.
- Kasts now has the ability to push all local episode states to the sync server.
- A setting has been added to tell Kasts how many recent episodes should be marked as unplayed when adding a new podcast.
- Several small UI bugs and glitches were solved.
- The podcast update routine has been completely overhauled, solving several bugs. It's now using multithreading, and it will also update existing episode information.
- General improvements were made to make sure that the app fits well on small screens in both portrait and landscape mode.
- Episode images will now be retrieved from id3v2tag if available.
- New episodes will be added to the queue in ascending chronological order (rather than descending) per podcast.
- A switch has been introduced to optionally adjust the time left on episodes based on the current playback rate.
- The episode details pages now have a context action to go straight to the list of episodes for that podcast.
- It's now possible to sync with custom GPodder servers (i.e. other than the official gpodder.net instance).
- Podcasts can now again be updated even when the sync server is unavailable. This was a bug in previous versions.
- General code quality improvements and bugfixes
- Various User interface improvements
- Keep fetching episode actions until we get the current timestamp
- Re-enable icons for gpodder and nextcloud
New features in this release:
- Support for chapters, both RSS feed and MP3 tags encoded chapters are supported
- Several improvements in user interface
- Optimization and improvements for backend
- Reworked settings page
- Support for syncing subscriptions and episode play position using gpodder.net or nextcloud-gpodder app
- Several bugfixes.
Next to some minor bugfixes, it is now possible to change the location where the downloaded podcast episodes and cached images are saved. These files can take up a lot of disk space, so it's nice to be able to store them elsewhere on systems with limited home folder disk space. The related settings now show the disk space used by episodes and images, and allow to clear the image cache.
New features in this release:
- Discover page to search for podcasts on podcastindex.org
- Podcast downloads can now be resumed.
- Updated playback speed settings dialog.
- Settings to allow/disallow network access on metered connections.
- More descriptive error notifications from which the complete list of errors can be opened.
- Several smaller improvements: menu item highlighting, tooltips, hotkeys
- Several bugfixes.
First release of Kasts, a Kirigami-based convergent podcast player. Released as part of Plasma Mobile Gear 21.06. It features:
- a play queue
- notification panel and lockscreen media controls
- inhibits systemd suspend while listening to podcasts
- convergent UI; looks good on mobile and desktop